Get in touch
If you need help setting up an account or making a phone call, or would like to leave feedback on the site or service, please don't hesitate to let us know.Contact us
If you have a technical issue, for example you can not place calls or you need help setting up your incoming number/VoIP device, then please click on the following link to set up an email to the technical department Email us
Internet Phone (VoIP) Support
VoIP Device Guides
For setup guides, visit our Device Guides section.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I make a cheap international call using the Internet Phone?
To make a call, enter the full international number including the country code (starting 00 or +) and hit call. Or, you can select a contact and double click to dial. You’ll find your contacts by clicking on the button with icons of people.
- Does Internet Phone support 911 / 112 / 999 calls to emergency services?
We currently do not support calls to emergency service numbers, and as such Localphone is not suitable as a complete replacement for a standard landline at this time.
- How do I deactivate my voicemail PIN?
To turn off your voicemail PIN just login and go to the Voicemail page. You'll find this in the navigation bar directly below My Account.
You should see PIN settings on this page
- How do I personalise my voicemail message?
You can personalize your voicemail greeting from any Localphone VoIP enabled device or softphone by Dial *1571 and then entering your Voicemail pin which can be found at http://www.localphone.com/dashboard/voicemail after logging into your localphone account.
After enter your pin press: 0 for mailbox options -> 1 Unavailable Message 2 Busy Message 3 Name If you are getting a Busy tone dialing *1571 from your Hardware device please check that the Dial Plan on that device is capable of dialling *plus 4 digits.
- How do I set up call forwarding?
- How do I use my own VoIP device?
- I have a VoIP related hardware question
Your first port of call should be our device guides page, this will give you information and setting for most of the popular hardware which can be configured for Localphone. If you are already logged into your Localphone account, you will also notice that the Device Guides are populated with your relevant SIP details.
If you cannot find what your looking for on that page you should then either take a look at the hardware manufacturers website for further help, or search using your favorite search engine to try and find out what you need to know.
- I need to change my SIP password
You can do this on the Internet Phone page in My Account. Just go to the section titled "I want to use my own VoIP device. You can change it in there.
NOTE: Changing the password here will result in all current registered devices being disconnected until they are updated with the new password.
- Setting Outbound Caller ID
- What is VoIP?
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a set of systems and technologies by which voice information can be delivered over the Internet. Services like Localphone can bypass the traditional phone network in order to offer huge savings on international calling.
- What kind of Internet connection do I need to use Internet Phone?
We recommend a broadband Internet connection, such as cable or ADSL. The service may work with slower connections but voice quality can be diminished.
- What’s my Internet Phone number?
Your Internet Phone number is the number that other Localphone users can call you on for free. To do this they need to download our Internet Phone, enter your Internet Phone number and call.
Customers using their own VoIP device with our Internet Phone service will also be able to dial your Internet Phone number.
Internet Phone Troubleshooting
- Why am I asked for a PIN when I make a Local Numbers call?
There are two reasons that this might happen
1. You have called from a number that’s not registered with us. To register a new number click here.
2. Your Caller ID is hidden. This means we can’t identify your phone and will ask for your account number and PIN. Your Caller ID is the number that displays when you call someone. If you enable your caller ID we should be able to identify your phone and we won’t need to ask for your PIN.
To find details of your PIN and account number please click here.
- I’m getting Error ‘Call failed: forbidden’
If you are getting this error message it is because you are dialling our local access numbers from your VoIP client. When making a call from any Localphone enabled VoIP device or softphone you should dial the full international number as you would do normally without any + or 0011 prefix, just dial the number as for example 911234567890 for a number in India.
- One way Audio just through my VoIP application
This problem is generally to do with the local firewall/NAT interface and is very hard to diagnose outside the your local LAN.
However you may want to try temporarily disabling your firewall or even try routing calls directly to the ip address of the device via your routers DMZ.
You may also find these websites useful: